Network Connected Video Deck with Multi-Unit Frame Sync, MADI, and Dante
The PIX 270i file-based video deck delivers the performance, quality, and reliability required for fast-paced studio, live sports, event, and mobile multi-camera production. It seamlessly replaces tape-based and disc-based video decks and provides a cost-effective and compact alternative to complex video servers. Extensive network connectivity and multi-unit synchronization support grouping multiple PIX recorders over Ethernet for simultaneous frame-accurate multicam recording and playback.
The PIX 270i can group with other PIX 270i recorders, as well as PIX 260i, with all of the recorders functioning as a single system. The grouped recorders can controlled two ways: directly through the PIX hardware interface or via a browser accessing the embedded built-in web-based control panel.
Built for Mission-Critical Production
- Dedicated video hardware records to standard removable solid-state drives.
- Simultaneous multi-drive recording on up to four SSD drives enables redundancy and backup.
- Redundant 4-pin XLR power connections.
- PowerSafe™ circuitry provides 10-second power reserve and safe file shutdown during external power loss.
Time Saving Efficiency
Tapeless file-based recording, playback, and file transfer.
- Access and transfer files over Ethernet.
Edit-ready Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD files.
- Recording on up to four drives provides immediate file copies and back up, as well as long-form recording.
Expandable and Networkable
- Group control of multiple PIX recorders facilitates multi-camera recording.
- Frame synchronized recording and playback.
- 64 channels of MADI audio and 64 channels of Dante audio I/O for large-scale audio systems.
High-Quality HD Video
- 12-bit 4:4:4 over 3G-SDI I/O.
- Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD codecs from 36 Mb/s proxies up to 330 Mb/s ProRes 4444
- Multi-camera studio production.
- Live Event sports and concerts.
- Multi-channel video playback applications.
- Frame synchronized multiple video channel playback for Live Events, Digital Signage, Museum multi-screen looped presentations, Video walls, Quad screen 4k presentations etc.
- Mobile Production OB Truck.
- Frame synchronized multi-cam recording for Production, Live Events, Mobile OBs and 2D/3D Production.