The Portable Diva-Lite® series have become the industry?s most popular professional cool lighting fixtures for video location work. The Diva-Lite 401 portable softlights boast the company?s trademark modular fixture designs with full-range dimming, switching and remote control features. The Universal model can be used anywhere in the world from 100VAC to 240VAC. Diva-Lite 201 fixtures likewise are portable, versatile units designed for the rigors of run and gun lighting for news or commercial video production. All Diva-Lites can go from nighttime to daytime interiors by switching True Match® tungsten for daylight quality lamps. It?s like having two set-ups in one!
- Fixture includes Center Mount, Gel Frame, Louver and built-in barndoors
- On location, lamps get to full color temperature in three minutes.
When finished, turn off power and pack. No need for cool down period.
- The lamps can stay in the fixture for quick transport.
- All-in-one design with built-in Dimming Ballast
- Remote dimmer capability
- 4-Lamp/2-Lamp switching
- Low amperage draw - can plug in to any household outlet
- Slim profile ideal for shooting in small offices, hallways, or cramped quarters
- The Universal version with auto-sensing power supply, can use anywhere in the world.
- Same fixture uses 55Watt compact 5500K (Daylight), 3200K and 2900K (Tungsten) lamps.
- Full spectrum (CRI 95) lamps available in 3 color temperatures: 2900K, 3200K and 5500K
- High color rendering True Match lamps work well alongside conventional quartz lights or HMI's.
- Kino Flo 55Watt compact lamps also available in 550nm green and 420nm blue for green and blue screen.
- Color gels do not burn out or fade due to lower heat of fixture.
- Center Mount for horizontal and vertical axis rotation
- Honeycomb louvers (sold separately) 90°, 60°, and 45° give tremendous light control.
The Diva-Lite 401 and 201 are soft light sources ideally suited for Television or Film documentary shooting styles. The units provide a broad soft and diffuse light.
As a cosmetic light source they are ideal for news presenters reporting from locations around the world. Their compact size and rugged lightweight nature make them well suited for travel.
The Diva-Lite puts out a broad soft wash of light. The drop off is like the light off of
a bounce card. For this reason it is most effective in close proximity to the subject.
By being close the light is softer and easily controlled with the built-in barndoors and detachable louvers.
This instrument is proving to be very popular for interviews. It is small enough to travel easily. It is light enough to rig onto lighting stands or onto grip arms. An interview can be done with as little as a single Diva-Lite 400 and a bounce card.
Diva-Lites operate on Kino Flo True Match 55 watt compact fluorescent lamps.
Daylight balanced (KF55) and tungsten balanced (choice of KF29 or KF32) lamps are available.
Light level control is established through an on board dimmer as well as by 2 and 4 lamp switching. An in-line power switch controls the power. Louvers provide control over the spread of the light.
The ballast is designed to provide flicker free operation under extreme conditions.
It is equipped with a voltage controlled input stage. This stage regulates the
voltage coming into the ballast and smoothes out any minor or major voltage fluctuations that would otherwise cause a lamp to flicker or vary in light output.
This is especially important for location shooting applications where the quality of
the electricity is unpredictable.
The Diva-Lites are available in three voltage models: 120VAC, 230VAC and Universal 100VAC ?240VAC (Diva-Lite 400 only). The Universal models are especially useful for international photographers that travel through many countries. The universal model has a built-in auto-sensing voltage regulator so it can be plugged into voltage ranging from 100VAC-240VAC.
The Diva-Lites have been used in very trying circumstances from war torn countries to remote locations where power is very often a small-unregulated generator.
The Diva-Lites feature a built-in dimmer control. Lamps can dim from 100% down
to 5%. However, it is not recommended that the dimmer be used to adjust exposure levels beyond one f-stop down. As the lamp cools the color may drift into the magenta spectrum. Under certain conditions this phenomenon may have a positive cosmetic effect; much like using cosmetic gel that is magenta in appearance.
To adjust for lower light levels, the Diva-Lite 401 and 400 Universal are equipped with a select switch to control 2 Lamp or 4 Lamp operation. Switching off a set of lamps reduces the light by one f-stop.
The Diva-Lites come with a 15ft power cord to accomodate putting the unit
on a light stand. An in-line power switch located on the power cord controls