Our award-winning 4ft 4Bank portable lighting systems have changed the way professionals light everything from feature films to television productions to video and still photography.
Why? Because it is the most versatile softlight on the market. The 4Bank is similar to a 1,000Watt softlight, but uses 1/10th the power. Color temperature doesn?t shift when the light levels change. Lamps are long lived and operate outside the fixture. The fixtures are lightweight enough to tape to a wall. Here are some 4Bank Basics
The 4-Lamp Fixture
- Built-in Barndoors
- Removable Lamp Harness, Reflector and Louver
- Twist-on, locking Center Mount
- True Match® daylight and tungsten lamps
4Bank System Highlights
- 4-Lamp remote fixture w/ built-in barndoors
- Fixture includes Reflector, Louver, and Removable Harness
- Same fixture takes daylight and tungsten lamps, plus visual effects color lamps
- Mounts to stand, light enough to tape to wall
- Removable center-mount
- Fixture or lamps w/ harness run up to 75 feet (24 meters) from ballast
- High-output, flicker-free ballasts
- Instant-on, dead quiet
- Individual lamp switching - no color shift
- HO/Std switching
- Same ballast runs 4ft and 2ft lamps
- Operates at 1/10th the power of conventional tungsten softlights
- UL listed, CE approved
The 4Bank System was designed as a softlight source that could be plugged into the wall on location.
With its narrow profile and size, the 4Bank could approximate the quality of light from bounced sources
without losing set space.
The first thing to note about the 4Bank System is that it consists of four components: 4Bank Fixture (fig. 1),
Mounting Plate (fig. 2), Ballast (fig. 3) and Extension Cable (fig. 4). It was designed in this manner to allow the greatest flexibility when working on film production where the gaffer and DP are constantly being challenged to light unique locations and problem solve at a moment's notice.
From lighting close-ups in a restaurant location to lighting large blue and green screens, the 4ft 4Bank is the
most versatile product in the Kino Flo product range and was the first product developed by Kino Flo more than 20 years ago.
The 4Bank Fixture houses the lamps and is comprised of a removable Louver, Reflector, and Lamp Harness.
The Louver and Reflector are held in place with Velcro fasteners. There is a strain relief on the Lamp Harness
to ensure the connectors don?t pull off the lamps during operation. To get the harness away from the fixture,
turn the ¼ turn fastener and rotate counter-clockwise to release.
The Harness wiring is color-coded. The same color-code must match at each end of the lamp for proper operation.